ECPA Open Positions
Come join our team!
We have several open positions on the ECPA Odyssey of the Mind Board. Without our volunteers, this program wouldn’t exist. It only takes a few days a year, and seeing the kids’ excitement as they perform their solutions makes those few days well worth it. It is definitely a very rewarding experience! You can tell how much we all enjoy it – we keep coming back, year after year!
We encourage all alumni, parents, coaches, teachers – and anyone who has the desire to see kids become more creative through problem solving – to apply!
All positions place you on the ECPA Odyssey of the Mind Board. We meet once or twice a year as a board, as needed.
If you are applying for a Problem Captain position, your primary responsibilities will be:
- Must attend State Problem Captains’ training in January (usually in Kutztown).
- Facilitate judges training on a Saturday in February.
- Oversee the problem at the regional competition, which includes setting up the site the night before, coordinating judges, and resolving any issues on site.
As a problem captain, you also have the opportunity to attend the state competition as a judge if you so desire. Travel and hotel expenses can be covered for lengthy travel.
Score Room Captains’ primary responsibilities are:
- Must attend State Score Room Captains’ training in January (usually in Kutztown).
- Review scoring program prior to competition, making sure that all laptops, printers, and thumb drives for sites are in working order.
- Make sure there is a plan for each site to have necessary score sheets and other documentation.
- Coordinate score room judges – assign problem site judges, runners, etc.
- Monitor scores from each problem as they come in for issues.
Problem #3 Co-Problem Captains
Problem #5 Co-Problem Captain
Assistant Score Room Captain